Pages

Shangri La Wedding Banquet Review

Of all the weddings meals I have sampled in Singapore, I must say that Shangri La is probably one of the more exquisite ones. The food, the ambiance that speaks of luxury and fine dining, makes one feel like a wedding banquet that only the wealthy can afford. Stepping into the ballroom, I was amazed by the grandeur of the chandelier lighting, the huge paintings that flank both ends of the ballroom, where one could gaze at if bored with your table of diners. At Shangri La, you do not feel like it is just another wedding dinner where everyone huddles together to pay their meal with ang pao and feast on yet another mediocre wedding dinner, but a true wedding, celebrating the lives of a couple becoming one.

As for food, it is certainly one of the best wedding meals I have ever tasted. Though primarily it was a Chinese banquet, the food was presented to us in a Western style plating that suited me most. I absolutely loved their codfish that just melted in the mouth. And the dessert was a definite winner.