Pages

Standing Sushi Bar

The fun part about working around City Hall area in Singapore is that you get to sample lots of food and do a bit of shopping. This completely changed my opinion that one had to work at Raffles Place, where all you see are buildings and loads of people rushing from one place to another.

The Standing Sushi Bar was a brand name I recalled stepping into when I was in Tokyo. However, here in Singapore, you get to sit down and have your sushi instead of standing up. This place gets a queue during the evenings with the special offers they have on a daily basis. For me, I have come to realize many restaurants in Singapore offer set lunches, where you pay a fraction of what you would have paid during dinner. With this realization, lunch has almost been an affair of trying out new restaurants, which I would not normally have gone as frequently.

The Standing Sushi Bar is one such Japanese restaurant that I have frequented a few times. With their Terriyaki Chicken set, you get to have a selection of deliciously pan fried Terriyaki Chicken with a side of sashimi, enough to satisfy the Japanese food craving.

The Standing Sushi Bar
8 Queen Street
Unit 01-03 Singapore Art Museum
Singapore 188535
Tel: 6333 1335
Nearest MRT: Bras Basah