Pages

Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang the best nasi padang in Singapore

There is Nasi Padang, and there IS Nasi Padang. Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang is just about my favorite Nasi Padang store in the whole of Singapore. And yes, I have made my rounds, from simple food court padang, to elaborate restaurants, and I must say this is still the best.

Flanked by very friendly staff and a lady boss that recognizes me and calls me 'sayang', it makes each time I dine here like a homecoming. For two solid years, I was probably a weekly customer as my office was just down the street. They take up an entire shop house where the ground floor is where you order and the other floors for dining in air conditioned comfort.

I simply simply love their food - and the best in the house must be the Tahu Teloh which is essentially fried tofu with egg topped off with prawn paste sauce and peanut with a generous helping of shaved cucumber and carrots. Other food items such as the BBQ chicken, Sayur Lodeh (coconut curry vegetables), is also just as delicious. What's really good is also the sambal belacan a perfect accompaniment to the rice and dishes. To top off the meal would be either a glass of refreshing lime juice or a teh tarik.

By standards, a full meal would probably cost about $7, which is relatively expensive. But because the food is so good, you do overlook the price at times. Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang is located nearer South Bridge Road, along Circular Road (parallel road behind Boat Quay) and the nearest MRT would be Raffles Place. It probably takes about 10 minutes to reach the destination from the MRT.

Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang
13 Circular Road, Singapore
Tel: 6536 5302
MRT: Raffles Place
Sinar Pagi Tahu Teloh
Sinar Pagi Tahu Teloh