Pages

Lollapalooza

Heading down to Lollapalooza was one of those dizzy days when you decide in a split second to hang out for dinner. Since no reservations were available, another crazy thing we did was to head down early and showed up as the first customers at 6pm for a meal, so that they could turn the table for those who actually reserved a couple of hours later. I am not quite sure how to label this restaurant, which I would say a mostly fusion tapas place with a mix of European cuisine.

We shared a few dishes, and this was where I tried burrata cheese for the first time. I totally enjoyed it as it was a mix of chewy cheese, pineapple dressing, and parma ham, topped with flat bread. I also thoroughly enjoyed the egg omelette with truffle. Initially I was a little hesitant about having eggs, afterall it is something one can cook at home, but the truffle called, and I must say I was very impressed with the dish. Away from the usual truffle fries, this was indeed a healthier way to enjoy truffle. Our last dish, was the duck confit, which I felt was a little overbearing in smell. I felt the duck I had at Saveur was definitely better, and probably cheaper.

All in all, I enjoyed Lollapalooza very much, and would return for more tapas, though not as frequently because of the hefty price tag attached. The decor is also very European modern, and tend towards a green pastel shade which was very pleasing to my eyes. They have a long table seating as well, great for functions suitable for large parties.

Lollapalooza
1 Keong Saik Rd
Singapore 089109
Tel: 6221 3538