Pages

Hyde and Co Cafe

Visiting Hyde and Co. on a Sunday was a little out of norm for me, as my cafe prowling is usually done on Saturdays. Factored in with waiting for a seat in the blistering outdoors, it will make me think twice about coming back here again, especially if I do not have a prior reservation.

What I particularly like regarding this cafe is that it differentiates itself from bustling cafe scene of mostly industrial interior to a more British Colonial feel, even decorating the outside of the cafe with pretty potted plants. This is a brilliant move, given that is located in a shop house, disregarding the weather, I could almost imagine strolling by a shop just like this in UK.

A hot day called for ice cold latte instead of my usual hot flat white. However, by icing the potion, I was unable to tell the balance of the acidity in the coffee. We came here for the waffles, which I thought was pretty normal fare, though what sweetened the deal was a lovely dollop of vanilla bean ice cream. The popular pulled pork sliders was a hit, being a fusion of Chinese fried bun and sweet pulled pork. It is great that cafes like these invents its own menu of unique food fare, which could be a great return factor apart from the usual all day breakfast and coffee.

Hyde and Co.
785 North Bridge Rd
Singapore 198753
Tel: 6635 5785
Nearest MRT: Lavender/Bugis