Pages

Saveur casual french dining

Finally I did Saveur. Friends do jaw dropping "are you sure" when I tell them I have not tried dining at Saveur. Considering that it is located at Far East Plaza, this did not ring high on my list to visit, because that would mean I would need to walk a distance in the Singapore heat before reaching my destination. I was pleasantly surprised that Saveur is located along the pavement, fronting Far East Square. This meant easy access, without having to wonder through the maze inside the mall.

Since I was early, I decided instead of settling for a non-affair dinner at the food court, to check out Saveur and see for myself what the craze was about. The casual French restaurant is all dressed in minimalist black colors, with polite staff giving me a choice of seats before the crowd came.

Immediately I requested for the Confit of Duck, which is their must try dish. The waitress also suggested the entree pasta which was another must try dish. And so I did. I was not too impressed with the entree, more so at the presentation, of how adorably the noodles was twirled to perfection, and tossed with tiny shrimps. The pasta geared to the harder side and flavor was not fully enveloped in the noodles. Of course the price tag of $4.90 made it taste really good, a perfect meal for those who have a small appetite. When the duck came, I was actually very impressed with the thick potato mash. It look so silky, something that I had not quite seen before, and tasted quite as good. The duck was mostly pretty tender, and I must say well executed. Though it had a tad of heavy duck taste, that was easy washed away with a glass of ice water. All in all, a meal like this only cost me $22.50. Which is a definite deal, and no wonder so popular amongst Singaporeans.

Saveur
Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road
#01-7B
Singapore 228213
Opening Hours: 11.30am - 9.30pm
Nearest MRT: Orchard