Pages

Goyza King Tanjong Pagar

My fascination with Goyza happened months ago, though I did not go on an all out hunt for the best Goyza, it would have been a food recommendation I would give to my friends, which usually got shot down as they did not share my Goyza fascination. 

A recent foray into Tanjong Pagar early one evening just before the dinner crowd made me decide to check out and finally have a proper Goyza meal.  Located at Orchid Hotel, Goyza King is outfitted like a typical Japanese diner, with high seats all facing the kitchen, targeting less of groups but more of eat and go concept. There is a constant queue at Goyza King, probably because of the tight outfit that can accommodate a limited number. It's definitely not a place for long conversations so turn over is pretty fast. 

Since I spied an empty spot when walking by, I decided now or never. Initially my intention was just a few Goyza and I would be on my way. I was instead required to order a set, which included rice and 3 other items to make up a fix pricing of about $15. What a clever marketing gimmick to bring up the meal item, as otherwise having Goyza alone would have been a relatively inexpensive snack. 

When I bit into the Goyza it was unlike many I have tried before which tend to be hard. This seemed more on the moist type almost as if it was steamed. Then again, I would not know how a proper one would taste. I liked it for a fact the meat was tender and juicy and it was not overly fried that you would be reeling with oil. Yes a winner, and that about ends my Goyza facisnation for a while.

Goyza King
Orchid Hotel
Tras Link #01-15
Singapore 078867
Tel: 6604 6674
Opening Hours:
11:30am - 14:30pm
18:00pm - 22:30pm
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar