Pages

Putien Chinese Restaurant

Before Putien, most of us Singaporeans would turn to Crystal Jade, Imperial Treasure, or Din Tai Fung for a hearty meal of Chinese cuisine. However, now that Putien offers fine and reasonably priced dishes that places itself in the same rank as the above-mentioned restaurants, it is my to-go choice when going Chinese. I have been to the Putien outlets at Marina Square, Parkway Parade, and Raffles City Shopping Centre, and I must say I prefer the one at Raffles City Shopping Centre the most, with the upbeat decor and comfortable, and relatively private conversations you can have without having to shout over another.  

There are several usual dishes which I would have when dining at Putien. The ultimate highlight for me would be the Putien Lor Mee, which is a broth with noodles and seafood. Coming a close second is the Fried Heng Hwa Bee Hoon, which has been hoon so fine and delicious that you will definitely ask for seconds.

Other favorites are Stir Fried Yam that's fried crispy sweet on the outside and soft and most on the inside. Another dish I would also usually have would be the Homemade Bean Curd, such a simple and common dish, but with tofu fried and silken that you would definitely be thrilled at how it just slides and melts in your mouth.

I think Putien as a winning formula of hearty and relatively healthy food that keep you coming back for more. I hope it is here to stay and with more outlets in time to come.

Putien
Raffles City Shopping Centre #02-18
Tel: +65-6336 2184

Parkway Parade #02-13
Tel: +65-6345 6358

Marine Square #02-205
Tel: +65-6336 4068