Pages

Itacho Sushi - best of class sushi in Singapore

I just ate at the best sushi restaurant in Singapore called Itacho Sushi. Not considering the premium Japanese restaurants, this is one of the more decently priced ones in Singapore.

One thing Singapore has done well is to have Changi Airport not only cater for arrivals and departure but also create it as a dining alternative for locals in Singapore.

It is actually a perfect place for families with young children as kids can run freely in big open spaces and in aircon comfort.

A friend of mine loves to dine at Changi Airport and I often wondered why, given that she stays a good 25 minute drive away. And one of the reasons is that food prepared is much cleaner as we are taking about serving an international customer base. Service is also better in this aspect, to present Singapore a friendly nation.

I got the chance to celebrate my birthday recently at Itacho Sushi located at Changi Airport Terminal 3. Initially I was hesitant going there as I did not want my friends to spend so much on alar carte food items and would have preferred to eat at a Japanese buffet where I could have all the sashimi I wanted.

In the end this turned out to be a good thing as they were having 50% off sushi prices and the sushi was incredibly fresh. I had such a whale of a time looking at the spread and it was almost like a Japanese buffet for me looking at the spread.

Totally and enjoyable experience with the sushi, which is almost as fresh as the ones I have tried in Japan. The rice is also done the same way. Itacho has spoilt my taste buds towards other Japanese mid range sushi restaurants in Singapore.

I particularly like the chawanmushi with salmon roe, the duck sushi, and the salmon with lobster sushi.

Would I come back again? Most certainly. Would also recommend reservations as it tends to be crowded.

Itacho Sushi
Changi Airport Terminal 3
#03-03
Tel:  6241 8911

Opening Hours:
Sun - Thu: 11:00 - 22:00
Fri - Sat: 11:00 - 11:00

Itacho Chawanmushi with Salmon Roe
Fresh scallop sushi
Lovely duck sushi at Itacho Sushi
Salmon with lobster salad