Pages

Bistro @ DUO Review

I initially thought Bistro@DUO was probably a cafe of sorts serving a full service dinner. However, when I reached the venue, I was quite surprised this was not the case. I feel it is more a bar serving a full service meal. Bistro@DUO is probably still relatively new, located at the other end of the main food area in DUO Gallery, facing Virgin Active. You could see strong loyal supporters, serious drinkers all huddling and having their Friday night drinks. In fact they even have a live band, a small band which still helps to build an atmosphere in the pub. Actually I do quite like the concept, not being much of a drinker, it would be a great place for after work hang out with colleagues, for those who love to drink can drink to their bellies full, and those who preferred a proper meal could enjoy the gathering as well.

I thought the food at Bistro@DUO was pretty reasonable and also well executed. It serves mostly western fare, and some with a Asian twist. I particularly like the sambal fish with rice, though it was not the usual stingray you would find at hawker centers, it was just as good, if not better. Their popular item is the mangalica pork slab, which I felt was a little thin and tough, otherwise pretty good in terms of taste. I could classify this place a drinking spot serving a good decent fare. Great if you are in the Bugis area and want to be away from the crowds.




Bistro@DUO
#01-25/26 Duo Galleria
7 Fraser St, 189356
Nearest MRT: Bugis