Pages

MOS Cafe New Concept at Raffles City

It was the first time I had the opportunity to dine at the newly renovated and relaunched MOS Cafe at Raffles City. Previously a MOS Burger outlet it was reopened with a new interior refresh and boasting a new menu - rice bowls, salad bowls, different concoctions of ice teas, and refreshing smoothies. I was privileged to be in the company of the GM to understand what went behind the MOS burger brand, and was suitably impressed that those serving on the first couple days of opening are actually Japanese directors of the company, involved in the design of the menu. I found out that eating at MOS Cafe, you would be certain of the freshness of ingredients, especially the greens. That aunties would be busy chopping the vegetables every day in the kitchen. This gave me great respect, and I am sold - that if I am to indulge in fast food MOS burger would be my first preference.

I had a sample of the chicken avocado rice bowl. This is topped with tomato, and laced with wasabi avocado. The rice is a top grade Japanese rice grown in Taiwan. I must say for the price of $6.50, it was a fairly decent and healthy meal. What was my favorite must have been the vegetable smoothie which is a  mix of banana, chye sim, honey. How healthy can that be! Alternatively you can choose from the various ice teas with fruits.

Will I be back? Given that the Raffles City outlet is a perpetual hive of activity I would certainly make it a point to be back especially for the drinks and the salad bowls.

MOS Cafe
Raffless City Shopping Centre Basement
Nearest MRT: City Hall