Pages

Tatsuya - fine Japanese restaurant with lunch bentos at a steal!

When a friend recommended having lunch at Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant at Goodwood Park, I was rather hesitant as I was under the impression that alar carte dining in a 5 star hotel would surely be rather pricey.

I was in for a surprise. Only during lunch Tatsuya would have bento lunch boxes and you can choose from a wide selection of sashimi boxes to fulfilled the craving for a fresh and a light meal of Japanese cuisine. I was also surprised that a bento lunch box is quite filling and certainly satisfying. That's the thing about Japanese cuisine that because is is light you don't have the dull, yucky feeling as opposed to a Chinese meal or Western food of steak and potatoes. In fact you know are probably eating the freshest of fish when you eat sashimi, else you will be down with food poisoning. I very much enjoyed the food presentation in Tatsuya lunch bento box that it was a while before I actually tucked in. I suppose that's why the Japanese are so slim and healthy because they take such great pride in their presentation and in preparing no less than the finest of cuisines.

Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant
Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road
Tel: 6887 4598
MRT: Orchard

Opening Hours:
Daily: 12:00 - 15:00, 18:30 - 23:00