Pages

Loolas by Awfully Chocolate if you like your desserts sweet

This is my second time visiting Loola's as I was wrecking my brains where I could have afternoon tea in Singapore that was not overly crowded on a public holiday. And then I remembered Loola's by Awfully Chocolate located at Esplanade. Central yet not overly crowded, this meant a perfect place to have tea and not have to worry about booking a place.

Though there was plenty of seats for you to choose at Loola's, somehow even with a few diners, the place was very noisy. Perhaps due to the lack of soft cushioning to absorb the noise.

I tried the Lemon Yoghurt Cake twice which to date is still my favourite cake that is not overly sweet with a lovely lemony yoghurt icing. It comes with vanilla bean ice cream which was a little melted by the time it arrived. I think it would be nice to have sorbet instead to create a more tangy experience.

Also on our plate was the Lemon Meringue Tart. I felt that this was overly sweet without any tartness to the lemon. The Meringue was thick and frothy and could afford to be more burnt for the crispy effect.

A friend tried the Chocolate Tart which was pretty good chocolate and if you like a high dose of sugar.

Overall it's a lovely place for tea if you are looking for some place central to accommodate a large group of people. Just be prepared to have desserts just a little too sweet. I wish that they would also carry the selection from Awfully Chocolate itself as the cakes and cupcakes are simply perfect.

Loola's by Awfully Chocolate
Esplanade #02-14
Tel: 6336 9563
MRT: Esplanade

Opening Hours:
Sun-Mon: 12pm - 10.30pm
Fri-Sat: 12pm - 12am