Pages

Marmalade Pantry Ion Orchard

I have begun to like Marmalade Pantry at Ion Orchard after they had a service staff change. The staff is friendly which certainly makes dining a more pleasant and relaxing experience. They used to have a bunch of nose-in-the-air staff, that make communicating really tough!

Smack in the branded fashion section of Ion Orchard, Marmalade Pantry is a great place to rest your tired feet after walking the entire Orchard Road belt, that is if you can find a seat. It's certainly best to go during off peak hours. I prefer Marmalade Pantry for brunch, lunch or afternoon tea. If I am are considering between Marmalade Pantry and TWG (located a floor below) for afternoon tea, I would choose Marmalade Pantry as it has a more spacious and less cramped feel.

My favorite meal here must be the crab linguini - I had a generous serving of crab meat and pine nuts, almost as much as the linguini itself, which was less. My conclusion, people who eat at Marmalade Pantry probably are more carbohydrate conscious - hence less carbohydrate, more ingredients.

Marmalade Pantry Crabmeat Linguini
If you are looking for sides - the fries are really good here. And my favorite dessert is the lemon meringue cake which is super moist with lemon jam in-between for the wow factor. The cupcakes look nice, but I wasn't impressed because the sponge cake was dry inside.

Marmalade Pantry Lemon Meringue Sponge Cake
A place I would favor coming back whenever I am in town, and hankering for a good pasta, salad or Lemon Meringue cake.