Pages

Open Door Policy

It has been a few years since I stepped through Open Door Policy located at the upbeat and revitalized Tiong Bahru area. On return, I noted that the seating area had changed, which was a definite plus as this made it less cramped. The staff was also more friendly and less hauty which was a good thing. What remained still strong - delicious food. I had the grilled salmon, and I must say it was so tender and fresh, sitting on a bed of fresh greens and a side sweetener of jelly, as well as tossed with sour capers. This was an explosion of tastes that left me so satisfied, a meal well worth the expense. Our meal was accompanied with a couple glasses of red wine, though red did not go well with the meal, it was still wonderful company that I enjoyed right up to closing time. How rare it was that the staff was cool for us to linger around even though everyone else had left.

The dessert which was the chocolate pistachio soufflé with crème anglaise was a little of a let down, I suppose because it was overly moist with the crème anglaise added in the last moment for the showtime effect. I would request to hold it the next time, so as to enjoy the lovely fuffliness of the souffle that took its time to bake.

All in all, and after all these years of not going to Open Door Policy, I am glad it still maintains its standards of good food.

Open Door Policy
19 Yong Siak Street
Singapore 168650
Tel: 6221 9307
Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun: 12pm-3pm, 6pm-11pm
Nearest MRT: Tiong Bahru