Pages

CONCETTO by saveur

I chose Concetto at The Cathay which came as a recommendation from a food blogger friend for my birthday celebration. I did not want my friends to feel the pinch of the dollar when they treated me, but rather, relax, enjoy and feast.

Concetto's design layout is urban industrial and raw, the kind of place that do not encourage you to sit and stay for long, rather to eat and go. Perhaps this explains the lack of coffee in the menu when I was there. Their concept is fusion restaurant food at street prices. The huge plus factor is that the food tastes as good as the price, it makes you want to order more dishes from the menu.

My two favorite dishes was the calamari salad (you don't really get good calamari in Singapore), and the risotto, though not my favorite food choice, when I sampled it, I was undoubtedly impressed and it won all other mains hands down. The deconstructed Tiramisu is a unique dessert and definitely worth a sample. Interesting how they can make a mess look like art!

Would I come back? A definite yes, if I want budget food but restaurant quality. Let's hope they do not change the prices or portion for a while.

CONCETTO by saveur
The Cathay
2 Handy Road #01-11
Singapore 229233
Daily: 12:00pm - 9.30pm daily (Last order 9.15pm)
Tel: 6735 1141
Email: enquiry@saveur.sg
MRT: Douby Gaut MRT